Thursday, October 6, 2011

My First Accent Wine Bottle Lamp

So I had this grand vision of lopping off the bottoms of wine bottles, hanging a candle inside them, and then selling them as hanging lanterns for outside patios and decks and the like... Then a good friend brought to my attention the dangers of fire.... and well she was right, I do not want to be responsible for setting something a blaze because it was hung improperly or maybe a little too close to something flammable. Sooo I altered my idea, and to be honest, I'm actually very happy with all the other ideas and creativity that has come from trying to light a glass bottle w/o fire.

So here was my first hanging glass bottle lantern, and quite possibly my last. But we'll see, there are battery operated tea lights so you never know...





No comments:

Post a Comment