Friday, October 14, 2011

White Bottles...

I had this grand vision, I've been having a lot of those these days, HA!. I would paint a bottle white and use them as accent pieces and not lamps. I could add twine, raised lettering, colored patterns... the styles can be endless.... so I grabbed a bottle I had cracked while drilling a hole in it for a light fixture, and thought well, if I mess it up it's ok, it's a broken bottle anyway.

So I stuck the bottle on a stick from the back yard and propped it up in the garage... and let the hysterics begin... 1st lesson learned... even if you put down news paper, put down more, you never can have enough (or you will have square-ish shapes all around the ground, or garage floor). 2nd lesson... do not wear black pants and boots when spray painting with white paint! 3rd lesson learned... just because your impatient to see how your new idea will look, you must put light coats of paint and then let them DRY! LOL I was like, more paint, more paint, more... crap! 4th and most important lesson learned... COVER YOUR MOTORCYCLE BEFORE USING SPRAY PAINT !!!! LOL I crack myself up.

So I sprayed, a little too much, but it was painted. I waited until the next day to check it out. and this (below) is how it came out. I LOVE it. Forget the few drips and crack it's PERFECT. Now what to do with it?




No comments:

Post a Comment